Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Lately...

It's funny.  I always feel like we're so busy, but I honestly couldn't tell you that much excitement is going on right now

January and February are full of birthdays--Mom's, MP's, and Joe's.  We've had A LOT of cake this month. If I have the willpower to give up sweets (or some variation) for lent, I'll lose at least 5 pounds.  At least.

"Spring" soccer has begun, but the temperatures haven't been very spring-like.  They should call it winter soccer as far as I'm concerned.  Sam has a good time, but I can't say that I have a good attitude about getting up for a game every Saturday.  It was rained out last weekend, and I nearly cried with happiness. Give me baseball any day of the week.

Alex is all over the place.  Truly a mess.  Two of his favorite things are being outside and singing. Not necessarily at the same time.  His set list includes:

"Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star"
"ABC"
"Jingle Bells"
"Skitta Marinky Dinky Dink" (I have no idea how to spell that.)
"Itsy Bitsy Spider"

He's quite the little soloist.  Every time I try to record him, he stops singing.  It's really frustrating.

Have I mentioned that when he wakes up, his hair sticks up everywhere?  And I mean everywhere.




I don't remember what I had done, but he was NOT happy with me this day.  Even if it was his 100th day of school.


He insists on sleeping with approximately 9 million stuffed animals. 


And he can mow down a doughnut in no time.  



Valentine monster
I love how his shirt turned out. 


Big fan of bubbles.


Sam was bundled up like an Eskimo last week, but this week I can send him to school in shorts.  
Oh, Mississippi. You're so fickle. 


Groucho Sam


Anthony and our neighbor took the kids to New Orleans last weekend to see the aquarium and insectarium..  It's a good thing I didn't go because I don't "do" spiders.  They had beautiful weather, and the kids loved it.  It was a great day trip for them.  It was great day for me because Anthony brought back 3 pralines.  And I ate all of them.  At one time.  I'm not kidding.  






Yep.  We're not really busy, but we're still busy. Ya know?

0 comments: