Monday, August 5, 2013

So long, summer...

Every summer I think to myself, "This is going to be so relaxing.  I'm going to have time to do all sorts of things with the boys."

Wrong.

Between trips, swimming lessons, birthday parties, a wedding, and other things, summer has flown by.  I wouldn't necessarily classify it as "relaxing," but it has definitely been fun.  And now that fall, AKA the-world-stops-because-it's-football-season, is right around the corner, things don't look like they'll be slowing down any time soon.  But that's ok.  We love it.

Sam starts KINDERGARTEN on Monday

KINDERGARTEN.

I die.

And Alex will (attempt) to go to his sweet little program for 2 mornings a week.  That's if he will actually stay without screaming his head off until he makes himself throw up.  We'll see how long I have to stay up there until he'll let me slip out.  Maybe by December?  Fingers crossed.

With school beginning, we had to have shots.  Lots of shots.  They both actually did quite well--I was amazed.  Promises of ice cream and a new Skylander will do a lot to take off the edge.

At 18 months, Alex is 26 lbs., 8 oz.  & 2 ft., 8.5" long.  He's around the 75th percentile for both.  90th for his head circumference.  The big head thing is not new to us.

He's babbling quite a bit now--Mama, Daddy, Mimi, Gandy, Papa, Sissy, doggy, okay, bye-bye, ta-ta, cacka, (cracker) cookie, etc.  It's no surprise that he knows the word "cookie." He is very strong-willed, but incredibly affectionate, and he's still sucking his thumb.  (Which I secretly think is adorable, but I don't look forward to breaking that habit.)  He's also a biter--usually only when he's tired or really frustrated.  He's started to bite Sam occasionally, but honestly, a lot of times Sam deserves it.  :)

And Sam.

Also, very strong-willed.  Very.  And he loves to try to negotiate with you.  Sometimes I think that he thinks he's on "Let's Make A Deal."  He would be good at it.

The kid turned 5 in May, and he is 4 ft., .25 inches tall and 48 lbs. His height is off the charts---he's grown 2 inches since February, and our pediatrician said he's the height of an average 7-year-old.  I'll be interested to see if this is a continuing trend.  He's still a picky-eater, which is unfortunate because his Dad and I will eat just about anything--raw kibby, fried chicken livers, cabbage, etc.

He's still obsessed with firetrucks.  And if there was a contest where you could win millions of dollars to identify dinosaurs, I would shove him in front of a mike in a heartbeat.  Ever heard of  "Micropachycephalosaurus" ?

Me either.  Until last week.  When he told me.  And then I looked it up.  To make sure he wasn't making it up.

 Teddy Grahams + Alex = happy


Fun night at the Mullen Foundation for us.  


How to entertain 2 boys when your husband won't be home for another hour and you've hit the wall:
The reverse camera feature on the ipad.  I look horrendous, but they were super happy.


Bath time.


Fishing.
 

And I leave you with "Nothing says Sunday brunch like eating a biscuit in the window at Julep." 

1 comments:

childsplay said...

Makes me happy to see this! Thank you.