Tuesday, May 7, 2013

T-ball season '13

Well, he's not Jackie Robinson yet, but the Samster has made huge strides this year.  He truly has a good time, and he is really starting to understand the mechanics of baseball.  I've got to admit--give me a baseball game ANY DAY over soccer.  (Sorry soccer-lovers.)  I don't dread getting up and going to a baseball field...soccer is another matter.  Anyway, t-ball is almost over for us.  Truth be told, Sam will probably miss his post-game treat more than anything.




So, you only get to advance one base at a time...unless you bat last.  Sam anchors the batting order, so he gets to hit a "homerun" every time.  At least that's what I tell him.  One skill we've got to work on is running the second he makes contact with the ball.  That kid would walk to first if he could.  I think he's worried about his helmet coming off.  Geez.  


Little bro usually chills out in his stroller while Sam plays.  If I let Alex out, he wants to climb everywhere in sight.  Stairs, bleachers, you name it.  He already has one chipped tooth.  I'd rather not have another one.    
 

What happens if there's a mud puddle in the middle of the field?  
You stand in it.  

 




Notice how we're maroon again?  I can't imagine how that happened.  

0 comments: