Thursday, November 15, 2012

I'm hoping it's his age...

Sam.

Poor, poor, Sam.

Unfortunately, he gets a lot of negative attention these days. My shy, tentative little boy no longer exists. He has been replaced by a little boy who LOVES to push limits. If he is told not to touch something, he will find a way to touch it anyway. He will then smile afterward.

Some days I feel like all he does is push my buttons. Probably because it's true.

But...

The other night I was reading him his bedtime story, and we were having such a good conversation. He was twirling my hair, and I was stroking his cheek, and it hit me-- his sweet cheeks won't always be this smooth. Eventually, they'll be covered in stubble much like his father's are.

So for now, I guess the kid can continue to push my buttons. That's his job. And I'm praying it's also his age. 

0 comments: